Resident Selection Criteria
Terms of Application Agreement
The following Application Agreement will be signed by all applicants prior to signing a lease contract. While some of the information below may not yet be applicable to your situation, there are some provisions that may become applicable prior to signing a lease contract. In order to continue with this online application, you'll need to review the Application Agreement carefully and acknowledge that you accept its terms.
Where applicable, this contract is subject to and contingent upon the prospective tenant(s) being approved by the condominium/homeowners’ association. The prospective Resident(s) will pay any non-refundable application fee required by the condominium/homeowners’ association and make application for association approval within 3 days from the effective date of this contract. Occupancy shall not be permitted prior to association approval. In the event that the prospective Resident(s) are not approved by the association and/or TRG Management, this contract will terminate, and all deposits and application fees paid herewith shall be forfeited by the prospective Resident(s). The non-refundable application fees paid to the association and to TRG Management are not refundable under any circumstance.
I (we) affirm that the information contained in this rental application to lease to be true and correct. I (we) agree that TRG Management may terminate any agreement entered into (including the lease) in reliance on any misstatement made in this application. I (we) agree and affirm that TRG Management may question and seek information from all person and/or firms named by us in this application and contract to lease, and further authorize TRG Management to acquire my (Our) credit reports and criminal background check from any authorized credit agency. I (we) agree that acceptance of this application is conditional upon a credit check and other verifications that are satisfactory to TRG Management.
FAILURE TO PERFORM:
I (we) agree to enter into a lease for the rental unit upon the terms outlined above. I (we) agree that I (we) have toured or video-toured and previewed and seen the rental unit being applied for and that I (we) are accepting it in “AS IS” condition, unless otherwise noted above in writing with your property manager and created as an addendum to your lease. If I (we) refuse to enter into the manager's lease (within 48 hours of notification of approval), AND/OR if occupancy is not taken by me (us) (on or before the occupancy date indicated), then TRG Management may rent or lease the property to another party and all deposits and application fees paid herewith shall be forfeited by the prospective Resident(s) and retained by TRG Management as liquidated damages.
RENTAL PROCESS AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
I/we do hereby acknowledge the “Rental Process and Application Procedures” and that I/we understand and agree to the terms of application and rental process. I/we have read and agreed to all pages of this application package and have submitted them with this application for consideration by TRG Management.
APPLICATION PROCESSING AND TIME FRAME:
- If you fully complete the application and provide us with accurate contact information for your current and/or previous landlords, we can usually process your application in 2-3 business days. We pledge to process your application, whenever possible, during the same day that you apply. In some cases, approval of homeowner associations, condo associations, homeowners, or unforeseen circumstances may require some applications to take longer. You will be contacted immediately upon determination of approval or denial. All adult applicants over the age of 18 must submit a fully completed, dated, and signed rental application and application fee.
- No rental property will be held vacant for more than two (2) weeks, unless approved by TRG Management.
- If you decide to apply to rent one of our properties, there is a non-refundable application fee of $50 per adult that must be submitted with your application. Incomplete applications or applications submitted with obvious conflicts with HOA/Condo rules will not be processed.
- Some Homeowner and Condominium Associations may require a separate application and fees and if such is the case, you must also apply separately to such homeowners or condominium association and remit whatever other application fee may be required.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Upon receipt of your rental application and application fee, you can expect and hereby authorize that we will (1) check your credit report; and (2) check the public records for any past evictions; and (3) verify your employment; and (4) verify your previous landlord references; and (5) do a criminal background check. If you have bad credit, bad references, have ever been evicted in the past or have within the last 7 years any felonies of illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance, felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property for example, “arson”, you will either be declined or may be required to post an additional security deposit as a part of your approval. In addition, Co-signers/Guarantors may be considered on an individual basis. Sexual related offenses for any period of time will be declined.
- Once you have been notified of your approval, you must place (at a minimum) a non-refundable holding deposit (by cash, cashier's check, or money order), of not less than one month’s rent within 48 hours of your approval notification. Once approved and payment of the holding deposit is paid, your holding deposit is non-refundable. In the event that you fail to enter into the lease agreement or refuse to take possession of the property on or before your applied for beginning rental date, you shall forfeit these funds as liquidated damages. Due to the high demand for rental homes, we will not hold the property you applied for off the rental market for more than 48 hours unless you provide the required holding deposit. If you do not comply with this requirement, we may rent the home you applied for to someone else.
- All applicants must see the interior of the property before an application can be submitted. The property must be accepted in, "AS IS" condition before an application can be accepted, except where there is written agreement for maintenance or repair items. Any such maintenance or repair request (if any) must be emailed to the property manager be approved by the property manager in writing. If your maintenance and repair request are acceptable to TRG Management, then that agreement will be written into the lease or lease addendum. Verbal representations are non-binding. In the event that the manager shall receive two or more unrelated applications for the same property, the applicant understands the manager may select the applicant desiring the property in "AS IS" condition, over another applicant requesting maintenance or repairs.
- All initial funds, the holding deposit - first month’s rent and security deposit must be paid by cash, cashier’s check, or money order payable to "TRG Management". Subsequent months thereafter may be paid online, by cash, check, cashier’s check, or money order per the terms of your lease agreement.
RESIDENT SELECTION CRITERIA:
To qualify for the advertised security deposit amount, you must meet the following criteria. If your credit, residence history, or income does not meet our criteria for the lowest security deposit amount, you may still be approved but at a higher security deposit amount + increased risk mitigation admin fee.
- Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least two-and-a-half (2.5) times the monthly rent. Incomes must be verified in writing. Applicant may provide recent pay stubs. A minimum of two years residential history is required. Rental history must be rated satisfactory or better, with no record of evictions. We reserve the right to require a co-signer/guarantor and/or a higher security deposit. Co-signers are accepted at the managers discretion only, must meet all requirements.
- Credit history and/or civil court records must not contain landlord judgements, eviction filings, landlord collections, utility collections, or liens. We will not provide you with the credit report or tell you of its contents; however, we will provide you with the name of the credit reporting agency so you may receive a copy from the credit bureau. All information collected for the approval or denial of this application is considered confidential in nature and for company use only.
CONTINGENT APPROVAL FEES - CREDIT SCORE BASED
All lease transactions involve risk. To mitigate this risk for both landlord and tenant, TRG Management routinely videos/photographs the condition of properties before and after each tenancy, ending most security deposit claim disputes before they begin. Offering an approval based upon total credit score below a 600 comes with even more inherent risk to the landlord and property manager. Much like with Apartment Communities, an approval can be offered even to tenants with less than perfect credit as long as they can pay the additional fee associated with their credit scores to offset the risk involved.
Risk Mitigation Admin Fees for Applicants:
Average Credit Score (all Adults 18+) Fee Due
500 – 549..........................................$200
300 – 499..........................................Declined
Denied Lease Approvals: any credit score under 500, (330-499) are declined due to bad credit.
Dealing with Multiple Applicants: A risk mitigation fee will be assessed based on the AVERAGE FICO score of all adults
No FICO Score: Applicants who do not have a FICO score may be assigned a score of 500 for the purposes of determining their risk mitigation fee
- Self-employed applicants may be required to produce upon request two (2) years of signed tax returns or IRS 1099 forms. Non-employed applicants must provide proof of income.
- Valid current photo ID documentation (Driver's License, Military ID, or other Government Issued ID) is required.
- Previous rental history reports from previous landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no NSF checks, and no damage to rental property or failure to leave the property clean and without damage when you left the property.
- Current occupancy standards are a maximum of 2 persons per bedroom, except for infants under 4 years of age. However, some city and county municipalities and/or homeowners associations prohibit more than two (2) unrelated adults to reside in a single-family dwelling unit.
- No pets (with the exception of legally defined emotional support or service animals) of any kind are permitted without the specific written permission of TRG Management and an additional monthly pet fee starting at $20.00 per pet. The amount of the pet fee is determined based upon the "Paw Score" that PetScreening.com assigns to your pet. This score is determined using a proprietary formula that takes into account things like pet age, weight, vaccination records, etc. The following are the pet rent amounts:
- 5 Paws = $250 non-refundable + $10/monthly pet fee
- 4 Paws = $300 non-refundable + $20/monthly pet fee
- 3 Paws = $300 non-refundable + $30/monthly pet fee
- 2 Paws = $500 non-refundable + $40/monthly pet fee
- 1 Paw = $500 non-refundable + $50/monthly pet fee
Anything under 3 paws is presented to the property manager for review. They will either deny or confirm a pet fee amount. The fee for any pet that scores under 3 paws can be $500 + depending on the reasons for the score.
Some properties may require higher fees or higher rent amounts. If a higher fee or rent amount is required, you will be notified at the time of the application.
- Some Homeowner and Condominium Associations may require a separate application. If such is the case, you must also apply separately to such association and approval by the homeowners or condo association is a necessary prerequisite to our approval of your application.
- Any exceptions to these criteria will need to be submitted in writing to TRG Management for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security deposit, co-signers and/or additional "higher" rent may be required.
- Keys will be released on the first (1st) day of occupancy as stated in the lease agreement. Request for keys earlier must be accompanied with additional pro-rated rent and must have TRG Management's prior approval.
- Security deposits are security for faithful performance by tenants of all terms, covenants, and conditions of the lease agreement and tenants may not dictate that the security deposit be used for any rent due. Unless claimed due to a breach of lease or damages, the security deposit is refundable when the tenants move out of the property at the expiration of the lease term.
- Maintenance and Repair - When you rent a home from our company, we strive to ensure that all items are in good working order. Please report any maintenance or repair request through your online Tenant Portal during your first 5 days of possession.
- Multiple Applications - Because we process applications so quickly, it is rare that we will ever have multiple applicants for the same property. In such an instance, you can expect that we will make every effort to inform you in advance of this situation! If such is the case, we will process all applications for consideration as to what we (in our sole discretion) deem the best applicant, which may not necessarily be the first application received. In such cases, more than one applicant may be approvable, however only one will eventually be approved. Because we represent the best interest of the rental property, we will accept the best application, which may not necessarily the first application received. In order to evaluate the various applications, it is necessary for TRG Management to expend time and cost in credit reports, criminal reports, and other administrative cost. Hence, it is our policy that the application fee is non-refundable. If your application is approvable, but not the approved one for the property for which you are applying, you may consider applying for other available properties that we may have, without payment of an additional application fee.
- Leasing Consultants - TRG Management provides leasing consultants to grant you access to preview our properties, to distribute rental information, applications, rental process and application disclosures and contracts to lease our properties. The leasing consultant is not authorized to negotiate on behalf of TRG Management. Verbal representations are non-binding. Once your application is submitted to TRG Management, the approval/denial and negotiation process (if any) will be handled by the property manager in charge of the property for which you are applying.
- This "Rental Process and Application Disclosure" is hereby made an integral part of my/our rental application. I/we do hereby acknowledge that I/we understand and agree to the terms of application and rental process as described herein. I/we further acknowledge that I/we have seen and previewed the rental property (both inside and outside) for which we are applying.
Media Release - We routinely photograph and video tape the condition of our managed properties before, during, and after each tenancy, as well as market our property and business with video tours, testimonials, etc... Applicant understands and agrees our company can use these videos, photos, and client records for any legal purpose, and accepts any risk or consequence from these items being used in the course of business.
Your application and potential tenancy with our firm is subject to our Standards for Professional Conduct for Landlords, Residents and Property Managers. By submitting your application (and/or signing any leases) you agree to conduct yourselves to these standards, understanding that failing to do so may result in your application being declined, or lease agreements not renewed. Below are the six standards of conduct expected from you when dealing with our firm:
1. Be inclusive.
We welcome and support people of all backgrounds and identities. This includes, but is not limited to members of any sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social and economic class, educational level, color, immigration status, sex, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, and mental and physical ability.
2. Be considerate.
We realize moving and dealing with issues around the home can be stressful, and we go out of our way to accommodate reasonable needs and requests. Your decisions might affect whether a landlord keeps a property or sells it, or whether a tenant wants to renew or move. You should take those consequences into account when making decisions.
3. Be respectful.
We won't all agree all the time, but disagreement is no excuse for disrespectful behavior. We will all experience frustration from time to time, but we cannot allow that frustration become personal attacks, yelling, or using inappropriate language. An environment where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a productive or creative one. Our staff is trained and empowered to discontinue any conversation that is disrespectful, and to note same in our records. From time to time we choose not to renew our agreements with people who repeatedly cross these boundaries with us.
4. Choose your words carefully.
Always conduct yourself professionally. Be kind to others. Remember that we as Property Managers are here to help landlords, residents, and vendors and provide quality housing, however when circumstances combine to make it challenging to meet the expectations of a customer, we will communicate that frankly and professionally - and appreciate your doing the same.
5. Be truthful.
If you find it challenging to meet the terms of your agreement with us, tell us exactly why. We might be able to help you, and pledge to do our best when given the opportunity to help you. When we are unable to help and must enforce a contract with you, try to understand why. Differences of opinion and disagreements are mostly unavoidable. What is important is that we resolve disagreements and differing views constructively.
6. Make differences into strengths.
We can find strength in diversity. Different people have different perspectives on issues, and that can be valuable for solving problems or generating new ideas. Being unable to understand why someone holds a viewpoint doesn’t mean that they’re wrong. Don’t forget that we all make mistakes and blaming each other doesn’t get us anywhere.
If You Apply Subject To Our Accepting a lower rent or other move in concessions, your application fee will be non-refundable if your offer isn't accepted. Refund of your application fee(s) is subject to all information on your application being accurate and verifiable.
If You Withdraw Before Approval. You and any co-applicant may not withdraw your application or the application deposit. If you or any co-applicant withdraws an Application or notifies us that you've changed your mind about renting the dwelling unit, we'll be entitled to retain all application deposits as liquidated damages, and the parties will then have no further obligation to each other.
Keys or Access Devices. We'll furnish keys and/or access devices only after: (1) all parties have signed the contemplated Lease Contract and other rental documents referred to in the Lease Contract; and (2) all applicable rents, security deposits and other applicable fees have been paid in full.
Signature. Our reception of this application is consent only to this Application Agreement. It does not bind us to accept applicant or to sign the proposed Lease Contract.
Thank you for applying to TRG Management!
RESIDENT BENEFIT PACKAGE:
$37.00/ Per Month
Included with ALL lease agreements under TRG Management is the Residents Benefit Package. This package includes the following:
- $100,000 Tenant Liability Insurance Coverage Provided Under the TRG Management Master Policy. You are required per the lease to provide and maintain this coverage at your expense.
Benefit: Tenants are covered under the TRG Management master policy for $100,000 in liability plus $10,000 for tenant personal contents.
- Online Tenant Portal for maintenance, payment options, and electronic statements.
Benefit: Tenants have free access to our Tenant Portal to submit maintenance requests, pay online using all included payment options to include the automatic ACH option, and have access to electronic statements.
- 24/7 Maintenance Hotline with Live Phone Support.
Benefit: Tenants can reach a live person after hours for emergency maintenance concerns.
- One Time Waiver of Insufficient Funds Fee (NSF). ($30.00+)
Benefit: TRG Management will grant a one-time waiver of NSF payment fee.
- HVAC Preventative Maintenance Program
Benefit: Custom A/C filters delivered to your door bi-monthly.
- Utility Concierge Program
Benefit: One Source Home Connections is a third party service coordinator that will start and terminate utilities including water, electricity, gas, security, and internet/cable/satellite service on your behalf. They will call you soon after you sign your lease. It is your responsibility to ensure all utilities are in your name at the start of the Lease. If you do not hear from One Source in a time that suits you, feel free to call them directly at 877-274-8632 or email them at email@example.com.
- Have rent payments reported to the credit bureaus to help build your credit based on your on-time rent payments.